All recipients of an ASPIRE Award are invited to join an ASPIRE-to-Excellence Academy and membership of the Academy continues for the duration of their ASPIRE Award. The aim of the Academy is to:
- Promote excellence in education through collaboration and dissemination of best practices in medical education.
- Provide members of the Academy with the opportunity to network and share their experience and knowledge.
Through membership of the Academy, members will:
- Promote the ASPIRE-to-Excellence initiative
- Contribute to the further development of the ASPIRE initiative
- Play an active part in the ASPIRE submission review process
- Provide workshops and symposia to assist schools who wish to apply for ASPIRE recognition
Recent Activities of the ASPIRE Academy:
- International XII Meetings held every 1-2 months; next meeting to be announced
- Manuscript on “Envisioning the future of medical education: International XII group reflections during COVID-19” led by Heeyoung Han (Southern Illinois University)
- Project titled “How can you enhance student engagement at your school? Key points revealed by research” led by Manuel João Costa (University of Minho)