Following the successful launch of the ASPIRE awards initiative in 2013, the second round of 2013 submissions are currently out for review by ASPIRE panel members, and applicants will be notified of the outcome in April 2014.
The deadline for the first round of 2014 ASPIRE Awards is 31st March.
The ASPIRE Board are considering the future development of the initiative, including the possible addition of new areas for the development of awards alongside the current three. Suggestions received for consideration to date include the following areas:
• Faculty development
• Patient involvement in the education process
• Use of new learning technologies including simulation and e-learning
• Innovation in curriculum design, recognising the ubiquitous nature of information
• International dimensions in medical education
• Inter-professional education.
Comments are welcomed on these suggested areas and views on which, if any, should take priority. Alternative suggestions for topics and lead members are also welcomed. [email protected]